Today’s business environment is in a constant state of change. Employers of all sizes need information and resources in order to make confident decisions about the benefit programs they choose to offer. SevenHills Benefit Partners advisors are truly independent, creative, and committed to helping our clients make confident decisions; and we have been doing just that for decades.
We work with our clients to design and manage the benefit program best suited for their needs. Our services include:
Group Benefits Design
Employers need their advisor to consider all options and not be afraid of new approaches. New concepts demand extra due diligence and employee communication, but when a change is needed we provide the support necessary to make the program successful.Creative Plan Design
Our history demonstrates our willingness to engage new concepts. A few noteworthy examples:
- First broker to place a HealthPartners HMO small group plan (formerly Group Health Inc.)
- First to place a PreferredOne PPO small group policy
- First to place a PreferredOne MSA qualified High Deductible Health Plan group policy
- Pioneered individual policy “Private Exchanges”
- First to integrate full service COBRA / MN Life Continuation services to group clients
- Early adopter for processing all client employee benefit transactions using proprietary ClientServ services
- Early adopter of automated benefit administration for clients
We are an agency devoted to providing great resources and reliable information:
- Benchmarking: We have access to a wide assortment of benchmarking resources, including the proprietary United Benefit Advisors (UBA) Health Policy Survey, which is the largest survey in the nation.
- Unfettered Product Access: Our local scale and history of industry commitment affords us excellent relationships with the major health carriers in Minnesota and provides us an inside track on new developments. The market power of UBA also assures that we have top of the line service from national carriers.
- Other resources: Such as discounted pricing for compliance and other useful tools, a national network of advisor peers to assist with product and concept vetting, white papers, live seminars and webinars are all examples of our helping to keep clients informed and making confident decisions.
Benefit Administration Services
Through our benefit administration service, we take the responsibility of processing your employee’s enrollments, changes, and terminations. You no longer need to sweat the details.
Customized Online Enrollment Portal
Employees are able to:
- Become educated on their plan options and compare costs.
- Enroll or waive coverage and sign forms electronically.
- Access the document library.
Employers have the ability to:
- Manage employee elections and benefit change requests.
- Update employee info.
- Access and add to the document library.
Through our Forms Processing unit, we:
- Create and assemble new hire kits including a customized benefit manual and enrollment forms, in lieu of the online enrollment portal.
- Gather enrollments and terminations from your portal or from new hire kits and forward them to your insurance providers.
- Follow up with insurance and service providers to ensure employees are properly enrolled in a timely manner.
- Dis-enroll employees when they are no longer eligible and manage your COBRA obligation.
The Document Library
Employers are able to:
- Centralize all important HR and benefits resources.
- Store documents, videos, and links for employee education.
- Track required ACA notifications.
Effective Employee Communicaton
One of our priorities is to make sure employees understand all the valuable benefits offered to them. An educated employee has the ability to make thoughtful decisions about their insurance needs.
We offer a variety of employee communication resources, which can include:
- Customized group enrollment presentations and materials, including customized employee cost sheets.
- Education on the nuances of specialized arrangements like Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), and Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs).
- Brainshark interactive educational enrollment presentations.
Compensation Disclosure and Privacy Statements
SevenHills Benefit Partners is a Minnesota based independent insurance agency licensed to sell and service life and health insurance products in multiple States. As independent agents, neither SevenHills Benefit Partners nor its agents have employment agreements or exclusive marketing agreements with any health plan or insurance company (carrier). This affords us greater ability to be objective when recommending products to our clients.
SevenHills Benefit Partners is compensated by commissions and/or by fees. In general, commission compensation is included in the premium price for the insurance coverage and paid to us by the insurance carrier. Fee based compensation may be either billed separately from premiums or included in the premium. SevenHills Benefit Partners is happy to provide information to clients on their specific arrangement.
Premiums for many small group and individual health insurance products are calculated and filed with State agencies with a standard commission included in the filed rate. This means that costs for the services of SevenHills Benefit Partners and its agents for these products are included in the premiums. In these situations if a buyer chooses not to use an agency, the premium costs to the insured would be unchanged.
In addition to regular commissions, SevenHills Benefit Partners may become eligible for supplemental or contingent compensation. Insurance companies may pay additional compensation if certain volume, growth or retention goals are achieved. These types of retrospective programs vary considerably and are not guaranteed. They also typically are based on the total amount of agency business placed with the carrier, not on an individual policy basis. Because of these programs, SevenHills Benefit Partners may be considered to have a financial incentive to place coverage with a particular insurance company.
SevenHills Benefit Partners values its professional relationship with our clients and is committed to transparency. We are happy to provide specific information to clients upon request.
Thank you for allowing us to be of service
SevenHills Benefit Partners
Protecting your privacy is important to us and to our employees. We want you to understand what information we collect and how we use it. This policy serves as a standard for all our employees for collection, use, retention, and security of nonpublic personal information.
What Information We Collect
We collect “Nonpublic personal information”. This is information about you or employees of yours that is obtained in connection with providing insurance services to you. Personal information is typically obtained when an application for insurance is completed or a request for an insurance quote is made, or from medical information about you or your employees provided by health care professionals. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Names and address’
- Taxpayer identification numbers or other financial information
- Information concerning health habits and history – for example, smoking status
- Information we receive written on applications and other forms, or offered to us in telephone or email communications
- Information we receive from third parties, such as medical providers, credit bureaus, accountants, lawyers, or other financial professionals
How We Handle Your Information
We do not sell information about current or former clients or their accounts to third parties. We restrict access to your information to those employees who need that information in order to provide services to you. We maintain safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information. SevenHills employees are required to sign privacy statements as a condition of employment.
Non-Affiliated Third Parties
We may disclose your nonpublic personal information that we collect to “non-affiliated third parties” (i.e. third parties that are not part of our company) that assist us in providing our services. Examples of third parties to whom we may disclose nonpublic personal information include the following:
- Insurance companies and their agents, as necessary, to obtain insurance quotes you request and to process insurance transactions you request, or assist in claim resolution for you.
- Healthcare professionals providing services in order to complete the insurance transactions you have requested.
We will also release your private information to non-affiliated third parties if you direct us to do so or if we are compelled by law to do so.
How We Safeguard Your Information
We restrict access to information about you to those of our employees who need to know the information to provide products or services to you. We maintain safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
If you cease to Be Our Customer
If you become an inactive customer, we will continue to adhere to the privacy practices described in this notice.
SevenHills Benefit Partners reserves the right to amend this statement from time to time as may be necessary due to changing business needs and legal requirements. Also, please note that SevenHills Benefit Partners, Inc is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of non-SevenHills Benefit Partners web sites to which sevenhillsservice.com may link.